- A glug of olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Add a splash of olive oil to a roasting tin. Cut the broccoli into bite-size florets, leaving a decent hunk of stem attached. Tip the broccoli into the oiled tin.
3. Scatter over the garlic, along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add a bit of lemon juice and zest. Fold to coat the veg in all the flavourings.
4. Slide the broccoli into the oven and roast for 15-20 mins, till tender and a little charred at the edges.
5. Serve the roast broccoli with little pots of balsamic vinegar for dipping, and grated Parmesan for sprinkling.
6. For a spicy kick, add a pinch of dried chilli flakes to your balsamic dipping pot.