- 4 dessert or dinner plate size rounds of rolled, ready made or homemade shortcrust pastry
- A mug of leftover turkey, or other poultry, shredded or chopped
- Half a mug of cooked stuffing and/or leftover sausages crumbled into small bits
- Half a mug of leftover veggies, chopped up into little chunks
- A few dollops of cranberry sauce
- A few pinches of fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Glass of beer to serve
Serve warm or cold, with a pot of cranberry sauce and a beer. Or smarten up and serve with a salad of mixed leaves and orange segments.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
2. Get all your leftover ingredients ready. Lay the pastry out and cut it into rounds. Brush the rim of each pastry circle with water to help it stick when you fold it up.
3. Now, spoon a little mound of leftover Christmas dinner in the centre of each pastry circle. Leave 2-3cm of pastry around the edge.
4. Start with the meat, then the stuffing/sausages, then veggies. Finish with a dollop of cranberry sauce and some herbs. Don't over stuff as they'll burst.
5. Lift and pull up the edges, leaving the filling sitting in the centre. Pinch the edges together with your fingers. Place on a baking sheet, crimped edge facing up, saluting the top of your oven. Gloss each with the beaten egg.
6. Bake for 40-45 mins, till the pastry is golden.