- A punnet of blackcurrants
- A handful of lemon verbena
- 4-6 tbsp agave syrup
- 200ml water
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: nil | Makes: 1 ltr
1. Pluck your blackcurrants from their stalks. Place in a saucepan with the lemon verbena.
2. Add 200ml water. Turn the cooker on. Set the pan over the heat till the water starts boiling (it'ss start bubbling up). Lower the heat. Simmer for 10 mins.
3. Press the blackcurrant mix through a sieve or a damp clean towel. Squeeze as much juice out as possible. Throw the skins and lemon verbena away in the compost bin.
4. Stir 4 tbsp agave into the juice. Taste. Add more agave, if needed, till it's as sweet as you like.
5. Store in a jam jar in the fridge till ready to use. When ready to drink, pour into glasses or a jug. Top up with water as much or as little as you like. Taste, and keep trickling the water in till it's just right.