- A large pot of boiling water
- Sea salt
- ½ mug of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bag of spring greens, a bag of kale, or 1 cabbage
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Pour the balsamic vinegar into a pan set over a high heat and warm it till it bubbles. Simmer till the balsamic reduces down to a thick, sticky syrup. Take the pan off the heat and swirl in the cold butter till it's melted. Set the pan of balsamic butter aside.
2. Roughly chop the greens, keeping the leaves fairly chunky. Make sure to cut out and discard any woody stems or thick cores.
3. Plunge the greens into the pan of boiling water and let them simmer for a min or 2 till glossy and bright. Drain and tip the greens into a serving bowl. Drizzle over a little oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle over the balsamic butter and mix it through. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Finish with a small squeeze of lemon juice for a bit of zing, if you like.