- ½ mug of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bag of spring greens, a bag of kale, or 1 cabbage
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large pot of boiling, lightly salted water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Sizzle balsamic in a pan over high heat till it bubbles. Reduce to a thick, sticky syrup. Move from heat. Swirl in cold butter till melted. Set aside.
2. Roughly chop your greens. Keep leaves chunky. Cut any woody stems or thick cores out.
3. Plunge greens into boiling water till glossy and bright – it’ll only take a min or so. Drain. Gloss with oil. Season.
4. Mix through balsamic butter. Or, drizzle the butter over the top; mix through. Taste. Adjust seasoning. Finish with a little lemon, if you wish.