Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Use a vegetable peeler to peel ribbons of zest off the lemon. Use a small sharp knife to slice off any white pith so you just have the lemon zest. Slice the peel into very thin shreds. Set aside.
2. Warm a dry frying pan. Add the almonds. Toast for 2-3 mins, shaking the pans till the almonds smell nutty. Tip onto a board, roughly chop and set aside.
3. Slice the dry ends off the asparagus spears. Halve them, slice off the tips and then use the vegetable peeler to peel ribbons off the asparagus spears. Toss them into a bowl. Tear the leaves off the mint sprigs. Finely slice any large leaves. Add them to the asparagus, keeping a few small leaves back for garnishing.
4. Juice half the lemon and whisk the juice with the olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper to make a dressing. Add to the asparagus. Toss to mix.
5. Arrange the asparagus ribbons on serving plates. Top with little spoonfuls of the ricotta. Scatter over the flaked almonds.
6. Warm the honey over a medium heat till it’s bubbling. Add in the lemon zest. Gently bubble over a low heat for 2-3 mins till the lemon is soft and sticky. Spoon over the asparagus salad and serve straight away, garnished with a few small min leaves.