- 75g quinoa
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- A 250g bundle of asparagus
- A bunch of salad onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil (any kind – coconut oil is nice here)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 lime, zest only
- A handful of coriander or sorrel
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Rinse your quinoa till the water runs clear. Set a small lidded pan over a high heat. Add the quinoa and a pinch of salt. Pour in 150ml water. Cover and simmer for 15 mins or till all the water is absorbed.
2. Turn the heat off. Keep the quinoa covered for 5 mins.
3. Peel and finely grate the ginger. Cut a few thin slices from your chilli, more or less, to taste. Peel and finely chop or grate your garlic.
4. Cut your asparagus into 3-4cm chunks. Thinly slice your spring onions.
5. Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk.
6. Once the quinoa is done, set a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil. Fold in the chilli, ginger and garlic. Sizzle for 1 min.
7. Add the asparagus and cook till just tender. Tip the salad onions in. Stir fry for 1 min. Add the quinoa. Fry everything for 1 min. Add the tamari.
8. Push everything to one side in the pan, giving you space to add your eggs. Add a little more oil if the pan’s looking dry. Add the eggs. Cook till set on the bottom. Fold to allow them to cook on the top. Once set, fold the egg through the mix, breaking the egg up as you fold.
9. Finish your rice with a little lime zest, juice and a handful of chopped herbs.